Recipe By Chef Kathy Gold
Tomatillos are considered a fruit, and they have a nice hit of acid taste. You can roast them, or even grill them, but a good recipe that's hard to beat is to turn tomatillos into salsa verde.
- 15 – 20 fresh tomatillos, husks removed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- ¼ cup cilantro, rinsed and dried
- 1 serrano chile, quartered
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- several grinds fresh pepper
- Juice of half lime
- 1. Process ingredients in a small processor until coarsely chopped. Add lime juice. Refrigerate overnight.
- 2. Serve with grilled meats and fish, drizzle over burritos, tacos, quesadillas or as a dip with tostados.