Rosemary Chicken Breast with White Bean, Tomato and Kale
Recipe By Chef Sal DiPlama of the Pennsylvania Hospital
There’s nothing easier, or tastier, than this recipe. Although the canned beans are convenient, you can also cook up a variety of dried beans and package them in the freezer in small quantities. You’ll avoid the health concerns about chemicals in the lining of the can.
Recipe taken from WHYY’s Friday Arts: Art of Food.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ cup medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 bunch kale, stem removed and cut into ribbons
- 1 tomato, diced
- 12 ounces can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Sauté garlic and onions for 3-4 minutes.
- 2. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink on the outside. Add kale and cook until wilted.
- 3. Pour tomatoes and beans into skillet and stir and simmer for 10 minutes.