Roasted Pepper Hummus
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
This already healthy hummus gets an extra nutritional boost from red peppers and is great for snacking or packing lunch.
- 3 medium red bell peppers, roasted, skinned & seeded
- 1 18 ounce can garbanzo beans
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans.
- 2. In a food processor combine the roasted peppers, garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cayenne and salt. Puree with motor running and add olive oil in a steady stream until the hummus is smooth. You may need to add a little water if the mixture is too thick.
- 3. Spoon into a serving bowl & top with cilantro. Serve with veggies and pita chips.