Roasted Pears with Gorgonzola
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Blending nonfat ricotta with the gorgonzola, you keep the flavor but cut some fat and calories. Serve this with a salad for brunch or drizzle with a little honey for an elegant dessert.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 ripe pears, peeled, cut in half, and cored
- 1 ounce gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons of nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 375° Spray a non-stick baking dish, large enough to hold the pears in one single layer, with non-stick spray and place the pears, cut-side down, in the dish. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Place the gorgonzola and ricotta cheese in a mixing bowl and blend well. Place the pears, cut-side up on serving plates, and top with the cheese mixture. Let the mixture melt slightly and serve.