Roasted Fingerling Potato Salad
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Time to get the grill out!
- 1½ pounds fingerling potatoes, cut in half
- 4 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- ¼ red onion, julienned
- ¼ red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup sherry vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh lemon thyme leaves or thyme
- 1. Wrap the potatoes and garlic cloves in 4 foil packets and place over direct heat. Grill for about 30 minutes, or until tender.
- 2. Unwrap packets and transfer the potatoes to a mixing bowl. Add the onion, bell peppers and parsley and mix together.
- 3. Squeeze the roasted garlic out of the peels into another mixing bowl, add the vinegar and slowly whisk in the oil.
- 4. Season with salt and pepper and add to the potato salad. Sprinkle in the lemon thyme, toss together and serve warm or at room temperature.