Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Cherry Tomatoes
Recipe By Pat and Gina Neely, The Neelys’ Celebration Cookbook
This is a beautiful dish that’s also very flavorful, not to mention healthy from the The Neelys’ Celebration Cookbook Down-home Meals for Every Occasion.
- 2 pounds broccoli, cut into 2½-inch long florets
- 1 medium shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2. Combine the broccoli, shallot, cherry tomatoes, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and olive oil in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.
- 3. Spread the vegetables on a large baking sheet. Roast until the stems are tender-crisp and lightly golden brown on the edges, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove, and sprinkle the Parmesan on top.