Roasted Belgian Endive with Sweet Potatoes
Recipe By Lari Robling
Research on Belgian endives shows one cup of endives a week can reduce the risk of ovarian cancer by 75%. Pair it with the fiber, anti-oxidants, and anti-inflammatory properties of Japanese sweet potatoes and you have a tasty nutritional powerhouse.
- 2 heads Belgian endive, halved lengthwise
- 1 small Japanese white sweet potato, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus a drizzle to finish
- ¼ cup cooked or canned cranberries beans (rinse and drain canned beans)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°
- 2. Toss the potato and endive with olive oil.
- 3. Put the sweet potato in a shallow baking pan cut side down. Roast for 30 minutes. Add endive, cut side down and continue cooking 15 minutes more. When both the potato and the endive are easily pierced and cooked through, plate them with the cranberry beans. Drizzle with some olive oil and grate some good parmesan cheese over all.