Roast Chicken with Fresh Tarragon
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
It’s said the way to judge a cook is by how good their roast chicken is. Tell us how you like this version.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large whole roasting chicken
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped peeled carrots
- 2 large parsley sprigs
- 2 sprigs of tresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Rinse the chicken, inside and out and pat dry with paper towels and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2. Rub 2 tablespoons olive oil over chicken, sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper inside and out.
- 3. Place chicken breast side down on a heavy rack in a roasting pan.
- 4. Fill inside of cavity with onion, carrot, parsley and tarragon.
- 5. Roast in a preheated 450°F oven for 30 minutes until skin begins to crisp.
- 6. Using tongs or a large fork, turn the chicken breast side up and spread the tarragon all over the chicken.
- 7. Continue roasting until internal temperature is 180°F for about an hour and a half.
- 8. Let rest for 30 minutes prior to carving.