Raita (Indian Yogurt Dish)
Recipe By Barbara Samson
No matter how your team is doing Sunday, you'll be cool as a cucumber with this dip!
Makes about 2 ½ cups.
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and coarsely shredded (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup finely chopped or shredded fresh vegetables (I like to use a colorful mix of red onion, carrot and seeded tomato)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
- 1. Combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerated to chill and allow flavors to blend.
- 2. Use within 2 to 3 days. Serve this cool, colorful and nutritious recipe as a side dish, dip or condiment.