Portobello Salad with Chipotle Portobello Vinaigrette
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
The pepper gives the mushroom a burst of flavor. For a quick meal, throw some boneless skinless chicken breasts on the grill, let rest while you prepare the mushrooms and fan some chicken slices around the mushroom. Drizzle with a little extra vinaigrette.
- 5 portobello mushrooms (stems removed)
- ½ cup parsley leaves (picked and washed)
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 crushed dried chipotle pepper or 1 canned chipotle pepper
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound baby greens
- ½ cup walnut halves
- 1. Over a direct flame, lightly oil the 5 Portobello mushrooms and grill approx. 3-4 minutes per side or until lightly golden brown.
- 2. Take one (1) Portobello mushroom and lightly chop. Add all other ingredients into food processor until well combined.
- 3. Place one Portobello in middle of plate. Toss greens with vinaigrette.
- 4. Mound ¼ of greens onto each mushroom cap. Drizzle remaining balsamic vinaigrette around place and garnish with walnut halves.