Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Here's a quick barbecue sauce to make at the last minute and it lends itself to changing at whim. Add a little lemon juice or cider vinegar and use whatever spices or herbs you have on hand. You have to watch to make sure the fruit base doesn't burn, so either keep a careful eye on it or add the sauce to the chicken the last ten minutes of cooking.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pear jelly, or any other fruit based sugarless preserve
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless 6 ounce chicken breast halves
- 1. Heat grill. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken and stir. When ready to cook, oil grill rack. Brush chicken with jelly mixture and place on grill over medium heat.
- 2. Cook 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing frequently with jelly mixture, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Discard any remaining jelly mixture.