Peanut Sesame Sauce
Recipe By Sara Moulton From Sara Moulton Cooks at Home, Simon and Schuster, 2010
Make this sauce to use as a vegetable dipper tonight and as an ingredient for tomorrow’s dinner.
Makes about 1 3/4 cups
Hands-on time: 10 minutes
Total preparation time: 10 minutes
- 3 medium scallions
- 3/4 cup smooth unsalted peanut butter
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium, if you prefer)
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce
- 1. Trim and coarsely chop the scallions (a heaping 1/3 cup). Com bine them with the peanut butter, hoisin sauce, lemon juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Tabasco to taste in a food processor fitted with the chopping blade.
- 2. Process until pureed. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time (up to ¼ cup), if needed to thin the sauce.
- 3. Use as directed in a recipe, or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.