Pasta with Eggplant Sauce
Recipe By Chef Chris Koch
This recipe is a nice vegetable based pasta. It's great for vegetarians, and if you drop the cheese it also works for vegans.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 412 Calories; 17g Fat (35.0% calories from fat); 14g Protein; 59g Carbohydrate; 11g Dietary Fiber; 4mg Cholesterol; 1131mg Sodium. Exchanges: 5-½ Grain(Starch); ½ Lean Meat; 1-½ Vegetable; 3 Fat.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups eggplant, cut into ½" cubes
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1-½ tablespoons tomato paste
- 4-½ tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/8 cup kalamata olive, diced
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and coat bottom of skillet.
- 2. Add the eggplant and onions, season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- 3. Add the tomatoes, paste, water, oregano and olives. Stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook covered, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- 4. Cook pasta, drain, portion and divide eggplant mix on top. Garnish with parmesan.