Parmesan Turkey Cutlets with Roasted Tomatoes
Recipe By Cathy Marschean-Spivak
It might not be tomato season, but roasting the little grape tomatoes we usually relegate to salads brings out their sweetness. This main dish pairs well with a crusty loaf of bread.
Nutrition Information per serving: 348 Calories, 14 g. Total Fat, 5 g. Saturated Fat, 119 mg. Cholesterol, 614 mg. Sodium, 4 g. Carbohydrate, 1 g. Dietary Fiber, 2 g. Sugar, 49 g. Protein
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1¼ pounds turkey cutlets
- ¼ cup cholesterol free egg substitute
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 1. Mix tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper on baking sheet. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, stirring to coat well. Spread tomato mixture into an even layer. Bake at 450°F for 15 minutes or until tomatoes are softened. Keep warm.
- 2. Dip turkey cutlets into egg substitute and coat evenly with Parmesan cheese, shaking off excess.
- 3. Heat oil in nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium high heat. Add turkey and brown on both sides for 5 minutes or until turkey is done.
- 4. Stir the basil into the roasted tomatoes and spoon over turkey cutlets and serve immediately.