Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries
Recipe courtesy of the Sofitel Hotel
If berries are too expensive this time of year, try less expensive frozen berries but you'll have to cook the liquid down just a little more. Or, garnish with fresh citrus segments.
(115 Calories per Serving)
Time of preparation: 90 min.
Makes 4 servings
- 7 ounces of white cheese (low-fat cream cheese)
- 7 ounces of Soya cream (dairy-free substitute)
- ½ vanilla bean
- 1½ teaspoons of gelatin or a scant tablespoon of agar agar flakes
- 1 ounce of raspberries
- 1 ounce of blackberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1. If using gelatin soften in cold water.
- 2. In a saucepan, warm the Soya cream with the vanilla bean on slow heat until it simmers.
- 3. Remove the vanilla bean and add the gelatin removed from the heat.
- 4. Cool the mixture. Once cooled, blend the vanilla soya cream mixture with the white cheese.
- 5. Reserve mixture in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
- 6. To prepare the sauce, reduce the honey with the raspberries and blackberries in a small saucepan over slow heat. Set aside until room temperature.
- 7. In four containers, layer the vanilla cream mixture with the sweet berry sauce and serve. Garnish with fresh mint if desired.