Oregano & Olive Egg Salad
Egg salad is a good 'ol favorite recipe of mine. It's good by itself or with a piece of bread. But, it's even better on a sandwich with some chips. Enjoy!
- 12 bacon slices
- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, coarsely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- ¼ cup chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 12 slices "whole-wheat" bread
- 12 red leaf lettuce leaves
- 1. Sauté bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp, about 8 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Cut bacon slices crosswise in half.
- 2. Combine chopped eggs, celery, oregano, shallots and olives in bowl. Mix in ¼ cup mayonnaise and mustard. Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Place toast slices on work surface; spread lightly with remaining mayonnaise. Divide egg salad among 6 toast slices. Place 4 bacon pieces, then 2 lettuce leaves atop egg salad on each. Cover with remaining toast slices, mayonnaise side down. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.