New Potato White Corn and Cherry Tomato Salad
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
New potatoes, corn and tomatoes are hitting the Farmer's Market! This dish celebrates the season.
Serves approximately 8 people
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup packed fresh basil Leaves
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley leaves
- 2½ pounds small new potatoes
- 6 ears of corn, cooked and kernels removed
- ½ pound of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. Blend the vinegar and oil add to a blender along with the basil and parsley leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste. Puree the dressing until emulsified and well blended.
- 2. Over medium high heat in a large stock pot, combine the potatoes with enough water to cover them and bring the water to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook potatoes until they are tender for approximately 15 minutes.
- 3. Drain potatoes in a colander and let cool. In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn, potatoes, tomatoes, dressing, salt and pepper to taste and toss the salad to coat evenly.