Mushroom Tarragon Spread
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
This recipe is quick to pull together for a Mother’s Day brunch. Save leftovers for next week’s lunchtime sandwiches — the spread pairs particularly well with smoked lean turkey.
This recipe makes 1½ cups of spread.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 ounces fresh button mushrooms, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1. Place a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, pour in the oil. Heat the oil, then add the mushrooms, garlic, onion, tomatoes and vinegar. Sauté the vegetables until all the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Quickly swirl in the tarragon and remove the pan from the heat. Serve warm or slightly chilled on crusty bread as an appetizer or snack-or use the spread to make a sandwich with melted cheese.