Shrimp & Raspberry Salad
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Raspberries take a starring role in this easy to make salad. If shrimp is too pricey, substitute poached sliced chicken breast.
- 12 ounces fresh asparagus spears
- The kernels from one fresh ear of corn
- 12 Belgium endive leaves
- 6 canned or frozen artichoke hearts, cut into quarters
- 12 sorrel leaves
- 1 pound peeled and de-veined shrimp, cooked and chilled
- 2 cups of fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup of raspberry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoons of honey
- 1. Snap off and discard the woody part, the base of the asparagus. Cook the asparagus in boiling water for about 4 to 8 minutes, or until crispy and tender, then drain and cool immediately.
- 2. Prepare Vinaigrette: Blend vinegar with cilantro, honey and slowly whisk in olive oil until well combined. Take half of the dressing and toss it with the shrimp, raspberries, corn and artichoke hearts.
- 3. Arrange the greens and the asparagus on four (4) dinner plates and top with the corn and shrimp mixture and serve with the remaining dressing.
Note: If you can't find sorrel, substitute raddiccio leaves, or prepackaged lettuce mix.