Mock Guac (Edamame and Avocado) Dip
Recipe by Chef Kevin Roberts
It’s true avocados are good for us — but in moderation because they are high in calories. Chef Roberts stretches the avocado with a purée of low fat high protein edamame beans.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 3 min.
Makes 8 servings (2 cups)
Nutritional Analysis Per ¼ cup Serving: 98 Calories, 6g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0 Trans Fat, 3mg Cholesterol, 5g Protein, 7g Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 200mg Sodium.
- 1½ cups frozen shelled edamame or frozen peas
- 1 medium Haas avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 3 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 medium green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoon prepared salsa
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1. COOK edamame according to package directions; drain and cool. Transfer to food processor.
- 2. CHOP edamame in processor. Add avocado, sour cream, mustard, green onion, lime juice, salsa, garlic and salt. Process until smooth.
- 3. SERVE with baked tortilla chips or veggies.