Mesclun Salad with Jicama, Pine Nuts and Sun Dried Tomatoes
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
An unusual mix of ingredients!
- ¼ cup of pine nuts
- 4 cups of loosely packed mesclun greens, rinsed & dried
- 1 cup of jicama, peeled and julienne
- 6 oil packed sun-dried tomato halves, sliced into thin strips
- 4 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon of fresh chopped rosemary
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350° degrees. Toast the pine nuts on a baking sheet until they become fragrant, about 8 minutes. Remove them from the oven and set aside.
- 2. In a small mixing bow, whisk together the vinegar with the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to stand a few minutes to develop flavor.
- 3. Combine the greens and jicama in a salad bowl. Add the olive oil to the dressing, and whisk until well blended. Pour the dressing over the greens and toss well.
- 4. Divide the salad among four chilled salad plates, and sprinkle each serving with pine nuts and sun-dried tomatoes.