Mediterranean Style Salmon
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
This recipe is easy, but it looks fancy, so you could also serve it on Social Saturday.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 salmon steaks or fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 bags fresh spinach leaves
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup seedless red grapes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ½ cup dry red wine
- 1. Combine salt, mustard, thyme and pepper. Mix well. Rub fish with honey and sprinkle seasoning mixture over all. (reserve any left-over for the sauce)
- 2. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in nonstick skillet. Brown both sides of salmon fillets, cook to desired doneness. Set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Toss spinach and garlic with remaining oil and saute in pan until wilted. Remove from pan and reserve with fish.
- 4. Sauté grapes in skillet. Add wine, tomatoes and capers. Bring to boil and season to taste with remaining seasoning mixture and salt; continue boiling to reduce by half. Serve salmon on spinach and top with sauce.