Light Sweet Potato Soufflé
Recipe By Holly Chute, Executive Chef Georgia Governor's Mansion
Holly's recipes need to be elegant enough for heads of state, but healthy enough to keep the Governor and his family fit. Here's her lighter version of a southern classic, Sweet Potato Soufflé.
- 8 cups sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
- 2 cups almond milk
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- ½ cup egg whites, whipped soft peaks
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1. Preheat oven 350°.
- 2. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- 3. Cook sweet potatoes in a pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain potatoes and mash with potato masher or ricer. Mix with almond milk, agave nectar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves and salt and pepper.
- 4. In a mixer, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into sweet potato mixture. Pour into prepared pan and bake 30-40 minutes until set in the center.