Lebanese Potato Salad
Recipe By Urban Nutrition Initiative
You won't miss the mayonnaise in this potato salad. The lemon juice, scallions and mint give you all the flavor you need.
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories: 143, Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 22g, Fiber: 2g, Protein: 3g, Sodium: 153 mg, Potassium: 516mg, Vitamin C: 19%.
Serves 8, 2/3 cup each
Total prep/cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool for 20 minutes. Cut cooled potatoes into ½ inch pieces.
- 2. Whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add potatoes and toss to coat.
- 3. Just before serving, add scallions and mint and toss gently.