Lacey Swiss Mashed Potatoes
Recipe By Chef Ariane Duarte
Ariane Duarte appeared on Season 5 of Bravo's Top Chef. She's a contributing chef-writer for Prevention magazine. Try her version of mashed potatoes that keeps the flavor, but reduces fat and calories.
- 4 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 cup puréed chopped spinach
- ½ cup Lacey Swiss Cheese, diced (Duarte prefers Finlandia brand)
- 1. Place potatoes in large pot and cover with water. Add 2 teaspoons sea salt. When water boils reduce heat and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- 2. Reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Strain. Place back in pot.
- 3. Melt butter in skim milk and half cup reserved liquid. Add to potatoes. Mash with potato masher until smooth add more liquid if potatoes are too stiff.
- 4. Season with salt and white pepper. Blend in roasted garlic, spinach and cheese. Stir until well mixed and cheese has melted.