Kitchen Sink Chili
Recipe by Chef Kevin Roberts
Not all ground turkey is the same — some has the skin and dark meat added which ups the calories and fat grams. Check to make sure you are getting the leanest possible or, better yet, buy turkey breast and finely chop so that you know exactly what's in it.
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 assorted peppers — your choice, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 5 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 cans kidney beans
- 1 6-ounce cup of water
- Pepper & cayenne pepper sauce
- 1. In a big pot, heat olive oil.
- 2. When oil is hot, sauté onions, green peppers, garlic and other peppers for about 5 minutes.
- 3. Add the ground turkey. Stir and cook for another 5 minutes. You want to get everything nice and browned.
- 4. Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, kidney beans. Mix well.
- 5. Fill up the empty tomato paste can with water and pour into pot. Add the seasoning ingredients and stir in, cooking over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Stir often.
- 6. Turn flame down to low or simmer. Cook covered or uncovered for an hour, stirring every 15 or so minutes. You want to get chili to a nice chunky consistency.