Kid Friendly Chicken Nuggets
Recipe By Chef Amy Kunkle, owner Food for all Market
Chicken nuggets are a kid favorite. No need to feel left out with this wheat and gluten-free version. In fact, these are more wholesome and tasty than their fast food counterpart!
- 1½ cup organic millet flour
- 1 pound local free-range chicken breast
- Safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1. Mix millet flour with sea salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- 2. Cut chicken breast into large chunks. Dredge the chicken chunks into the millet flour mixture.
- 3. You can bake or sauté this dish. If you want to bake it, lay coated pieces on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil, bake at 425° until crispy.
- 4. If you want to sauté the nuggets. Heat oil in a fry pan and add coated chicken to hot pan. Sauté on each side until crispy brown.
- 5. Take out and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Either way, these are crisp and delicious.