Recipe from Bimini Road, Atlantis
This is a staple in the Caribbean. Take advantage of local cabbage in the markets. If you can’t find fresh mint substitute basil.
- 3 cups green and red cabbage, shredded
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup mint, cut chiffonade
- ½ cup coriander, cut chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon jalapeño chile pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
- 2. In another bowl, mix the olive oil, lime juice and sugar until dissolved, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Pout over cabbage mixture.