Individual Brunch Casserole
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
It’s fun to make individual servings for dinner, add a salad or soup and you’ve got a meal. Or, you can easily take these to school for lunch. Try vegetarian sausage and low fat cheeses to make this super-healthy. Also, try using reduced fat cottage cheese and sour cream – you won’t miss the fat!
- ½ pound sausage raw
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 ear of uncooked corn, kernels removed (or ½ cup frozen, drained)
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 6 oz. cottage cheese
- 1¼ cup grated cheddar
- 1¼ cup Monterey Jack cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. In a non-stick skillet over medium high heat, brown the sausage. Drain off excess fat and stir in tomatoes.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- 3. Add the flour, baking powder, salt & pepper, garlic, fresh corn, sour cream and cottage cheese until well blended.
- 4. Stir in the cheese and sausage.
- 5. Spray 4 – 8 oz. Ramekins and evenly distribute the mixture in the ramekins.
- 6. Bake in a preheated 375° oven for 30-35 minutes.