Homemade Wheat Thin Crackers
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Wacky Wednesday is the day to cook something, well, whacky. What could be more unusual than your own homemade crackers?
Serves 4 people
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups white flour
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1. Mix the flours then add the oil and water. Knead only enough to blend the ingredients. Roll the dough as thinly as possible (no more than 1/8 of an inch) onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 2. Score with a knife to a desired size, but do not cut through. Sprinkle with the salt.
- 3. Bake at 350° until crisp and light brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the baking sheet and break into crackers. Serve the crackers with your favorite low-fat dip or spread.