Recipe By Chef Sal DiPlama of the Pennsylvania Hospital
This is a good way to wean yourself from soda. Adding some seltzer will give you fizz as well as dilute the honey, it is still sugar and high in calories. If you can't find edible flowers, a few twists of lemon zest are also festive.
Recipe taken from WHYY's Friday Arts: Art of Food.
- 6 organic lemons, juiced
- ½ cup raw local honey
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 2 ounces fresh dill
- 2 ounces fresh mint
- 3 – 5 sprigs rosemary
- Edible flowers to garnish
- 1. Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil and add honey. When honey is dissolved, refrigerate until cool.
- 2. Juice the lemons and remove seeds.
- 3. In a container, add the cool honey water, lemon juice and herbs (muddle the herbs to release their flavor).
- 4. Refrigerate for 2 hours
- 5. Garnish with edible orchids. Enjoy!