Helping Hand Salmon Patties
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
This recipe makes both a nutritious and a delicious meal. They can be served next to an easy side-dish like potatoes or rice. Or, put them on a burger bun and have a tasty sandwich.
- 3 whole potatoes, boiled and mashed and set aside to cool
- 1 14.75 ounce can salmon, flaked and drained
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- 1. Mix ingredients together and form into 2-inch balls. Flatten into half-inch patties. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in batches about five minutes on each side until lightly browned. Serve with your favorite salsa or horseradish sauce.