Recipe By Urban Nutrition Initiative
For a quick Meatless Monday dinner, prepare the guacamole and make some nachos with beans, fresh tomato salsa and some shredded lettuce. Easy!
Nutritional Information: 6, 4T servings, Calories: 262, Total Fat: 22.2g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 596mg, Total Carbs: 18g, Dietary Fiber: 11.4g, Protein: 3.7g
6 servings in 10 minutes
- 3 avocados – peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime -juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup onion – diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro – chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes – diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic – minced
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 pinch cumin (optional)
- 1. In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in optional spices.
- 2. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.