Grilled Tuna with Tomatoes
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
It must be summer, early tomatoes are coming into the Farmer's Market and the grill is on fire. If you don't have an outdoor grill, this works just as well pan-searing the fish or broiling it. Feel free to substitute any fish fillet.
- 4 – 8 ounce thick cut tuna steaks
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- ½ cup non-alcohlic white wine
- 4 medium tomatoes peeled, sliced & diced
- 1 tablespoon minced anchovy filets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ tablespoon chopped basil
- 1. Prepare the grill.
- 2. Brush the tuna steaks with the olive oil and grill over medium-hot coals until medium-rare inside, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- 3. In a sauce pan over medium heat, sweat the shallots & garlic in the white wine till translucent.
- 4. Add the tomatoes and anchovies & cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the basil. Spoon on top of tuna steaks and serve.