Grilled Breast of Chicken with Peach Cilantro Salsa, Roasted New Potatoes and Lemon Broccoli
Recipe By Norman Weiler, Executive Chef/Dining Services Director at Spring Hills Cherry Hill
It’s a while before fresh peaches arrive locally in the markets, but this is tantalizing. You could try it with thawed and drained frozen peaches or try substituting fresh mango. And definitely earmark this for when the first of our farmer’s market peaches come in.
- 4 chicken breast halves without skin
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 6 new potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh garlic
- 12 broccoli florets
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup fresh peaches
- 1 5/8 ounces red bell peppers
- 1/8 ounce jalapeño peppers
- ½ ounce red onions
- 1 ¼ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/16 ounce fresh cilantro (3/4 cup), chopped
- 1. Prepare Peach Salsa: Prepare fruit as required (peel, seed, etc.). Slice or cut into ¼-inch cubes.
- 2. Remove stem end and seed pod from peppers. Dice bell peppers into ¼-inch cubes. Jalapeño peppers into thin slices. Stir carefully into fruit.
- 3. Dice onions into ¼-inch cubes. Chop fresh cilanto and mix with lime juice. Stir carefully into fruit. Cover and chill.
- 4. Wash and slice new potatoes, coat with olive oil and place slices on baking pan. Bake at 350° until tender.
- 5. Bring water to a boil and add broccoli florets, simmer 3 minutes.
- 6. Coat bottom of sauté pan with a small amount of olive oil. Sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning.
- 7. Sauté chicken breast until internal temperature is 165°.
- 8. Place pinwheel of new potatoes on plate, place chicken on potatoes, add 1 heaping tablespoon of salsa on the chicken.
- 9. Squeeze lemon on hot broccoli and place 3 florets around the chicken. Serve immediately.