“Golden Robe” Salmon with Snow Peas and Red Cabbage
Recipe By Rozanne Gold from Radically Simple: Brilliant Flavors with Breathtaking Ease
You’ll probably have to tell people this elegant party dish took longer to make than it did!
- ¼ cup white miso (also known as shiro miso)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 4 thick salmon fillets with skin, 6 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces shredded red cabbage
- 4 ounces snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1. Preheat the broiler. Mix together the miso, rosemary, 1 garlic clove pushed through a press, and 2 tablespoons water. Rub the paste on to the salmon fillets, then rub in turmeric until golden. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Broil 5 inches from the heat for 2 minutes. Turn off the broiler and heat the oven to 500°F. Roast the salmon 5 minutes, until just firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a wok until hot. Add the cabbage and snow peas and cook over high heat, stirring, 2 minutes. Push the remaining garlic clove through a press into the wok. Cook the vegetables until crisp-tender, 3 minutes longer. Transfer to 4 plates. Top with the fish and sesame seeds.