Fresh Chunky Salsa with Black Beans & Farmers Market Corn
Get your fresh local produce at the Farmer's Market while you can! This recipe makes good use of summer bounty.
Nutrition Information Per ½ Cup Serving: 55 Calories; 0g Fat; 0g Saturated fat; 3g Protein; 11g Carbohydrates; 2.5g Dietary fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 186mg Sodium
Makes about 3 cups
- 3 ripe tomatoes, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 small hot pepper, washed, seeds removed and minced
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, washed, chopped
- ¼ cup finely minced sweet onion
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 to 2 ears fresh corn, husked, kernels cut off cob
- Juice of ½ fresh lime
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1. COMBINE all ingredients in medium stainless steel or glass bowl.
- 2. STIR gently and add pinch of salt and pepper.
- 3. SERVE with baked tortilla chips. Also good with grilled chicken, fish, pork or tofu. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.