Floribbean Shrimp Salad
Recipe by Jennifer Chandler
Jennifer Chandler lightens up a shrimp salad by using nonfat yogurt and a light lime vinaigrette. By adding mango, avocado and serving it over mixed greens, you also get some of your fruit and vegetable servings in.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: about 3 min.
Chill Time: 30 min.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 264 Calories, 9g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 0g Trans Fat, 222mg Cholesterol, 26g Protein, 19g Carbohydrates, 5g Dietary Fiber, 491mg Sodium.
- 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons light lime vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons honey Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced (1½ cups)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium Haas avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 (5 ounce) package mixed salad greens
- 1. COOK shrimp in boiling water to cover about 3 minutes until shrimp turn pink. Drain and cool.
- 2. MIX vinaigrette, mustard and yogurt in large bowl. Add cooled shrimp, mango, bell pepper and avocado. Toss gently until coated. Chill.
- 3. SERVE on salad greens. If desired, garnish with fresh chopped cilantro or basil.
Tips: -Cooked and peeled shrimp may also be purchased from the seafood department.
-Papaya or peaches may be substituted for the mango.