Fish Head Soup
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Many of us are unaccustomed to using the head of fish, but in many countries it is an economical way to make soup. Give this recipe a try and tell us how you like it!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 large Idaho potato, peeled and cut into round slices
- 1 large fish head, such as sea bass
- 2 slices of crusty white bread
- 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- 1. Fry the onion and tomato gently with the parsley in the olive oil. When the tomato is soft, add the pepper strips to the pan.
- 2. Add 2 quarts of water and sprinkle in a little salt. As soon as the water boils, add the potato slices. When the potatoes are half done, add the fish head.
- 3. Meanwhile, poach the eggs in a separate pan.
- 4. Cut the bread into individual serving bowls and ladle the boiling broth over it. Spoon a poached egg in each bowl, and serve.