Feta Tart (alevropita)
Recipe By Chef Chris Koch
Made with a simple egg batter, and a bit of vodka this feta-studded tart is always a crowd pleaser.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 220 Calories; 16g Fat (64.3% calories from fat); 6g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 49mg Cholesterol; 385mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); ½ Lean Meat; 2-½ Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 Egg
- 1-¼ cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 ounces feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1. Heat oven to 500°. Put an 18″ x 13″ x 1″ rimmed baking sheet into oven for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together 2 tablespoons. oil, vodka, egg, and 1 cup water in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk flour, salt, and baking powder. Pour wet mixture over dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- 3. Brush remaining oil over bottom of hot pan and add batter, smoothing batter with a rubber spatula to coat the bottom evenly, if necessary. Distribute cheese evenly over batter, and dot with butter. Bake, rotating baking sheet halfway through, until golden brown and crunchy, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing and serving.