Fennel and Coriander-Spiced Salmon Fillets
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
The trick here is to make sure your grill is well oiled, the heat is high and don't try to move the fish around. You could also substitute salmon steaks, which are a little easier to grill.
- 1½ tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1½ teaspoons coriander seeds
- 6 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets (each about 1 to 1¼ inches thick)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Prepare grill (high heat).
- 2. Coarsely grind fennel seeds and coriander seeds in spice grinder.
- 3. Brush salmon fillets generously with oil.
- 4. Sprinkle both sides of fillets with salt and pepper, then with spice mixture, pressing to adhere.
- 5. Grill salmon, covered, until center is just opaque, about 4 minutes per side.