Feed Four for Four: Stir-fry “How I Would Make It”
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
With this easy and thrifty recipe you’ll not only have time leftover, but also some money to go out over the weekend!
- 1 medium onion — chopped
- 2 stalks celery — chopped
- 1 medium green pepper — chopped
- 1 medium red pepper — chopped
- 3 cloves garlic — minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 ounces chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 green onions — chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken thighs — cut into thin strips
- hot cooked rice
- 1. In a skillet or wok, stir fry the onion, celery, peppers and garlic in the oil until the vegetables are tender. Add broth, basil, garlic salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture.
- 2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the green onions and chicken; cover and simmer until heated through.
- 3. Serve over rice.