Elephant Garlic and Yukon Gold Potato Soup
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
This hearty soup has a rich color from the potatoes and stock. Some grated carrots a nice addition.
- 1 pound Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 head elephant garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions, green part only
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1. In a medium soup pot over medium heat, sauté the garlic with the potatoes and olive oil for approximately 5 minutes or until the garlic is slightly golden.
- 2. Add the chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste. Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes are very soft.
- 3. Remove the soup and puree in a food processor or blender until smooth. Transfer back into the sauce pot and stir in the scallions and serve.