Easy Parmesan Risotto
Recipe by Ina Garten, from Barefoot Contessa How Easy Is That? Fabulous Recipes & Easy Tips
A traditional risotto has you standing over the stove stirring and stirring… no need with this easy adaptation. Pair this with our sautéed scallop recipe or a simple sauteed boneless skinless chicken breast.
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups simmering chicken stock, (preferably homemade), divided
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
- 2. Place the rice and 4 cups of the chicken stock in a Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente.
- 3. Remove from the oven, add the remaining cup of chicken stock, the Parmesan, wine, butter, salt, and pepper, and stir vigorously for 2 to 3 minutes, until the rice is thick and creamy. Add the peas and stir until heated through. Serve hot.