Easy Oven Lasagna
Here's an update on an old favorite that saves not only calories but also time. No need to precook the noodles. Recipe courtesy of the clinical nutrition staff of City of Hope.
- 1/4 pound ground turkey or ground beef (10% fat)
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 cups bottled or homemade marinara sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked spinach noodles or whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 375oF. Brown ground meat in nonstick fry pan and drain well. Add water and marinara sauce; bring to boil. Remove from heat. In 2-quart (9" x 13") dish, layer sauce, uncooked lasagna noodles, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese; repeat layers, ending with sauce and Parmesan cheese. The sauce will be runny. Cover dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting into squares. Makes 8 generous servings.
Per serving: 280 calories, 9 grams fat, 1 gram fiber
Photo by Flickr user Frenkieb