Cyclops Fish Filet Pitas
Recipe By Rallie McAllister
Enjoy this “spooky” menu idea that kids will love and are good for them, too.
- 2 100% Whole Fillets Fish Fillets
- 2 leaves Boston lettuce
- 6 teaspoons Tangy Tartar Sauce
- 1 carrot stick
- 1 black olive, sliced in half
- ½ whole grain pita pocket, cut in half to make 2 pita wedges
- 1. Prepare fish fillets according to package instructions.
- 2. Spread 2 teaspoons Tangy Tartar Sauce on inside of each pita wedge. Place lettuce leaf and fish fillet inside pita.
- 3. Cut two ¾ inch slices from carrot stick and place on top of pita wedges for eye.
- 4. Spread 1 teaspoon tartar sauce or ranch dip on top of carrot slice and top with ½ olive for eye.
- 5. Cut a thin, 1-inch long strip from carrot and place above “eyeball” to make eyebrow.
- 6. Makes two. Serve with Creamy-Zesty Cole Slaw, corn on the cob, and fresh apple slices.