Curried Mustard Pork Chops
With her Philadelphia cooking school and national food writing, the late Julie Dannenbaum influenced at least a generation of home and professional cooks. This recipe appeared in “More Fast and Fresh” first published in 1983 and shows her sensibility with ingredients and technique.
- 6 pork chops 3/4 inches thick
- 2 Tablespoons mustard (Dijon)
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Teaspoons curry powder
- 2 Tablespoons butter ,melted
- salt and pepper
- Brush chops with mustard.
- In a shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, curry powder and butter. Coat pork chops with crumb mixture. Arrange on a well greased baking pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 30 to 40 minutes until chops are tender.
Substitute chicken pieces for the pork. Adjust the cooking time: Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes.