Recipe By Urban Nutrition Initiative
Vegan mayonnaise is made without eggs, but if you can’t find it substitute low-fat mayonnaise. This is a good way to get a serving of cabbage, a member of the cruciferous family with several health properties.
Nutrition Information per serving: Calories: 87, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Carbohydrates: 13g, Fiber: 3g, Protein: 2g, Sodium: 215mg.
Total prep/cooking time: 20 minutes
- ¼ cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 8 baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
- ½ cup crushed or finely diced pineapple (fresh or canned)
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1. Combine the vegan mayonnaise, relish and mustard in a small bowl. Stir until blended.
- 2. Combine the cabbage, carrots, and pineapple in a serving bowl. Pour the dressing over the vegetable and mix well. Season with freshly ground pepper and serve.