Cod with Exotic Mushrooms
Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
Some studies suggest mushrooms have anti-cancer properties. Either way, this is a delicious pairing with fish.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cod filets 6-8 ounces
- 1½ cups of mixed gourmet mushrooms
- ¼ cup shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- ¼ cup vegetable broth
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Sear the fish on both sides 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan and add more oil, if necessary.
- 2. Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic and sauté 1-2 minutes. Toss in thyme and broth. Cook until the liquid reduces by one-third.
- 3. Return the fish and finish cooking a few minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, plate fish and spoon mushroom mixture on top. Serve with vegetable risotto.