Recipe By Chef Jim Coleman
You'll love this spicy, tasty, cod recipe. It's the perfect way to spice up dinnertime.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 3‐4 ounce cod fillets
- ½ cup coarse bread crumbs
- ½ cup chicken broth (or ¼ cup chicken broth and ¼ cup white wine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2‐4 tablespoons capers, or as desired
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- 2. Dredge fillets in bread crumbs and add to pan. Do not overcrowd, but work in batches if necessary. Cook for 2‐3 minutes each side, or until lightly brown. Remove from pan and set aside.
- 3. Add chicken broth, white wine (if desired) and lemon juice to the pan. Bring to boil, stirring to loosen any brown bits. Continue cooking until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- 4. Return fish to pan to warm and garnish with capers and parsley.
- 5. To serve, place fish on plate and spoon sauce over all. If desired, add some red pepper flakes.